Wednesday, November 21, 2012

This is my introduction to my blog that I have recently started. My blog, as you can see by the name, is about the events that happened in this week of history. I will be doing these weekly to inform the public about what has gone on every week in history. I may just put on one event or I may put on 5 events. Either way you can get informed by looking at this blog.

This week, as we all know is the great week of thanksgiving. This week marks the arrival of the pilgrims and puritans coming to the great land of America and bringing great traditions with it. Today’s national Thanksgiving celebration is a blend of two traditions: the New England custom of rejoicing after a successful harvest, based on ancient English harvest festivals; and the Puritan Thanksgiving, a solemn religious observance combining prayer and feasting.

Now days when we think of Thanksgiving we think about  images of football, family reunions, roasted turkey with stuffing, pumpkin pie. It gives the image of sitting on the couch and falling asleep from how full you get from it. This by far is my favorite holiday because of how much food there is to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment